Friday, September 16, 2011

Just keeps getting better

Our translator is awesome and all the documents made it on a bus to Kyiv so we can get a scheduled court date.

We got to the school at 8am and went out playing with Amber shortly after. Some of the kids seem took take the opportunity to use our being there as yet another excuse to ditch class. Amber's best friend actually asked and got permission to spend time with us. Once I caught on to what was going on I took the iPad away from the boys getting in trouble and told them to go to class. Apparently some kids have a half day on Friday and some a full day... Had one trustworthy kid who could speak English ok -- the one who actually asked permission -- help me figure out which was which :)

The iPad is a huge hit and since there is no internet there I don't have to worry about the kids getting into trouble with it. I don't put anything on there i wouldn't let my 11 yr old daughter use. The boys tend to play one of the racing games and the girls alternate between barbie fashion studios and cake doodle. I frankly just leave it and let them play with it... Ashley doesn't mind letting them use her toy and the only "problem" I've had is forcing things so the less assertive kids get a chance.

We have been able to spend a lot of time with Amber and gotten to see her with her friends... And not so friends. Had some good conversations with the caregivers too.

Looking forward to tomorrow... Especially not having to get up at 6a to head out. Keep in mind it takes me two weeks to adjust to a timezone... Always been that way... And 6a here is 11p back home.

Location:Zaporizhzhya,Ukraine

No comments:

Post a Comment