Sunday, April 17, 2011

Take 2

I am starting a new blog for our next adoption that officially kicked off on 2011-04-15.  I didn't want to steal Dennis' blog as even though it morphed over time it is mostly central to him.

On Friday we were told that the SDA will stop accepting dossiers on June 1st.  Being the practical person I am, I did the math and even if it is only closed 3 months it is unlikely a dossier submitted after the closure will result in a completed adoption by the end of the year.  So off to the races... our goal is to send off the dossier on or before May 9th... and actually we discovered we need 2 separate dossiers.

Friday I sent off a note to the county assessor and scheduled our home visit to update our home study.  Saturday we sent off our VA police background check request, our request for our marriage certificates, and finished off nearly all the paperwork for the updated home study.  Monday we'll get a few more documents notarized.

Frankly we don't know if we'll make the deadline but none of this is really in our hands anyways.  Our goal this time is 2 unrelated children.. and we know them both though have no idea if either will really say yes when it comes down to it.  We don't know when this will happen, if it will, or even when/how we'll take care of our kids when it does... heh, so as you can see, all well planned out :)  It's about stepping out, not planning out though... learned that well last time.

7 comments:

  1. I love your last line here..."It's about stepping out, not planning out".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks... I wrote it and realized I should make it part of my new jingle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always say we are "stepping out" and then I get a reality check and realize I am "planning out". Thanks for the reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brain and Family,
    Praying for speed in this process as you "step out!"
    Alison Hair

    ReplyDelete
  5. @m&m: Yeah, you and me both. I always like to have 3 "answers" to every possible need... drives my wife nuts. Finding too many things this time that are impossible to figure out but I can tell God is working them out, just don't know how/when... job situation, child care, will any of the kids even want to be adopted, timing, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really sad that you didn't tell your wife about the new blog and she had to find out about it from someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heh... I posted it on the other blog :)

    ReplyDelete