Sunday, April 17, 2011

Tracking packages

For the dossier we use our FedEx account a lot but I've been less than pleased about how to get updated info from it directly.  Like automatically getting the tracking number and notification whenever someone uses our account.  Unfortunately I don't have a way to solve that... but the Android has a nice free app called "Parcels" that you can put tracking numbers in for just about any shipper and get status updates.  Right now I have:

Virginia State Police: USPS Priority, already in Richmond
Marriage Certificate return label: FedEx -- doesn't show up in system yet
Marriage Certificate request: FedEx, sitting in Memphis

It is kind of nice.  On another note, I will be asking my facilitator about using DHL instead of FedEx for the actual dossier.  I've seen people use it and it appears to take less than 2 days from the US to Kyiv... and costs less.

2 comments:

  1. DHL really worked for us. We used it twice and both times it was delivered to facilitator in Kiev in under 48 hours. It tracked really well and was about $20 cheaper than Fed EX. Glad that everything is moving so quickly on your dossier!

    ReplyDelete