Sunday, April 24, 2011

Rolling along

Happy Easter!!  He is Risen!

So Friday I got our Virginia State Police background checks.  I was floored and just amazed at God watching over the paperwork.  That was supposed to be a 12-15 day turn around, it was 3.

Today we got our county assessor home ownership verification stuff too.

So on Tuesday we should be pretty much done with everything but the home study update and getting the marriage licenses back from apostille.

I am going to laugh... a big out loud laugh... repeatedly... the kind that people look at you and think you've lost it... if the SDA doesn't actually close and we get an appointment way earlier than expected.  Just as long as it is for after the kids are here for hosting I'm ok :)

4 comments:

  1. When we wrote our letter requesting a date we asked for it to be on or after 1/17/11 to make sure it didn't coincide with Christmas hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard some people do that but I've also heard it is generally disregarded by the SDA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I understand, they disregard specific date requests or "before this date" requests, but pay attention to the requests for "after this date" requests. All of that being said, I can't remember where I got that info, so I might be pulling it out of thin air. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's worth trying... the other gotcha is the kids go to camp in August.

    ReplyDelete