Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Calling Anya

We had a translator call with us today. The cell phone we were calling was for a friend but it sounds as if she has moved to a trade school. The school did answer and we got her on the phone.

She is such a sweetheart... She said she was crying today missing us so I'm really glad we called and got through. I think she is feeling really vulnerable and we will try to call every day even if it is without a translator just to tell her we love her.

As usual she had a ton of questions...
- when are you landing in Kyiv
- can my really great teacher who knows English come to lunch with us sometimes
- is daddy coming? Ashley? Amanda?
- do we have to stay at school all the time
- where is my phone that the facilitator promised to get me
- can I have Snezhana's phone number... Which btw we declined as Snezhana seems to be back into the old uncertain, fearful state and we dont want any of that rubbing off on Anya
...

We have arranged to call with a translator the morning before we fly out.

She did say she still hadn't gotten her luggage back from hosting... Which is disappointing and hopefully it will turn up. We had told her to leave anything here she really wanted to keep but she was so fearful we wouldn't come for her at the end that she packed pretty much everything up.

3 comments:

  1. Do you want the phones? Never heard from you. If so, email me your address. When do you leave?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird... I responded on fb and email. We leave in a week. I will try email again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you to be heading over. My prayers will be with you! May God bless you throughout this phase of the journey and may you be blessed to see His hand in all that happens. Have fun!:)

    ReplyDelete