Monday, May 2, 2011

Mountain is building

I scanned in 38 pages of notarized documents today (a little over 50% of what we have already).  We just have the medicals and the updated home study to do.  Then I'll take a trip down to Richmond to get it all apostilled and shipped.

Praying the medicals go well tomorrow... ironically we aren't supposed to need any more tests but the doctor is having a problem signing the forms exactly like she did last time (8mo ago).

On a side note... my mom makes quilts.  There is one in each of our bedrooms... they are pretty nice, especially the one in the master bedroom.  My personal one is a spongebob one but the dog ripped some holes in it so she took it home to repair after she was watching our kids for our adopting Dennis.  It arrived today... wrapped around a Thomas Kinkade painting.  My wife and I really like Kinkade paintings but can never prioritize spending money on those sorts of things... she's now given us three of her's... actually this one was given to my mom who didn't really have room for it any more.  I think she just wanted something to protect the quilt in shipping ;)

Brainstorming what we might do with the kids next adoption trip.  I think the 3 kids were a bit much to handle... I think we are going to take 1, see if a local friend will take another (she always likes to hang out with the kids and has offered to help with all of them, but we won't torture her with that), and then see about the two boys going to stay with family or family coming here.  Something we'll figure out whenever the time comes.  Does mean I need to get passports for all the kids... fortunately the local post office will do them if you call ahead and have pictures brought with you.

Anyways, I showed that quilt and told him his gma (my mom) made it for me and I'm giving it to him.  He's sleeping with it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment